The Easter cupcakes that I have for you today are SUPER easy and fun to make in the kitchen with your children! It’s great way to get into the Easter spirit with your children and share in their excitement for the springtime, warm weather, and Easter.
I love baking in the kitchen with kids. For one thing it helps me to get stuff done that I need to get done and another thing is that kids of all ages love to help in the kitchen and they can do a lot to help you out!
Maybe you don’t feel like cooking up fancy Easter decorated food with your children. Maybe you think that Easter cupcakes are just too complicated to make with kids or even to make by yourself! Well, here are 4 reasons to makes those cupcakes with your kids:
1. They’re actually easier than you think – You really will just need 1 cake mix and 1 can of frosting, some food coloring and Easter candy to make these cupcakes that I have planned for you.
2. Your kids will know they have a supermom – whenever my kids find out I’m going to do something out of the ordinary with them they become extra excited and their faces get all lit up with excitement! Making these Easter cupcakes will definitely be no exception to this!
3. You will be giving your children life lessons – teaching your children how to measure ingredients, how to be careful with possessions, being cautious around a hot oven, sharing decorations with siblings. All of these are valuable lessons that your children need to be taught anyway and it’s definitely more fun to teach them these lessons during happy activities.
4. The cupcakes are super cute – and because they are so cute it makes it even more fun to make them!
Without further delay, here are the 7 Easter cupcakes that your children will fully enjoy making with you. All of these cupcakes will need 1 cake mix + 1 can of vanilla frosting + food coloring so that you can dye the frosting any color you’d like. Any additional candy that you will need, I’ve put in the individual cupcake descriptions.
1. The Egg Nest Cupcake – I’m sure you’ve seen these all over the place. But here’s a super simple version that won’t intimidate you. Bake your cupcakes according to the package directions. Cool them. Then frost them using whatever color of frosting you would like to use. Finally, take some jellybeans or robin egg candy and place 3-4 on top for a cute bird’s nest!
If you want to get fancy before you put the candy on top you could dye some coconut and sprinkle it on top of your cupcake. Just put about 1 cup of coconut in a Ziploc baggie and add a couple of drops of food coloring + 1 teaspoon of water to it and shake it around. This will give your cupcake a more realistic nest appearance.
2. Marshmallow Bunny Cupcake – prepare your Easter cupcakes according to the package directions. Allow to cool. Frost the top of the cupcake. Then, cut a little bit of cake out of the center of the cupcake so that you can stick a marshmallow bunny inside. Nothing more is needed for these fun cupcakes.
Easter Basket Cupcakes – These are a
little bit more challenging to make but once you get one done you’ll have the
hang of it.
Once again, prepare the cupcakes according to the package directions. Allow to cool and then frost with whatever kind of frosting. Now, to make these into a basket you’ll want to:
4. Butterfly Cupcakes – Again, prepare the cupcakes according to the package directions. Allow to cool and then frost them with a pretty pastel colored frosting. For this project you will need some white or chocolate covered pretzels, and some Easter M&M’s. The white pretzels definitely make these Easter cupcakes more “springish” than chocolate covered ones do.
5. Jellybean Sprinkle Cupcakes – these are EASY! But they still make a fun project for your children and your kids will feel like they were able to do something of an Eastery nature!
Again, prepare the cupcakes according to the package directions. Allow to cool and then frost them with a pretty pastel colored frosting. Finally, cut some jellybeans up into small pieces and then sprinkle them over the cupcakes.
6. Marshmallow Peeps Cupcakes – Again, prepare the cupcakes according to the package directions. Allow to cool and then frost with a pretty pastel colored frosting. Sprinkle some sugar crystal sprinkles on top. Finally, stick a marshmallow peep on top of the cupcake.
7. Lamb Cupcakes – After preparing your cupcakes and frosting them, put some small marshmallows on top to make it look like the sheep’s curly hair. Then for the face of the lamb use one large marshmallow and take a black jellybean and cut it into small pieces to use for the eyes.